Surrey guitar teacher strings together 36 years of producing musicians – including one who’s 84
Terry Armitage’s Accent Guitar studio to host another Band Night, at Sullivan Hall this time
Top 10 Reasons for Learning To Play An Instrument
1. Sharpens Memory
2. Refines Organizational Skills
3. Teaches Discipline
4. Promotes Social Skills
5. Enhances Coordination
6. Advances Mathematical Abiiity
7. Improves Reading and Comprehension Skills
8. Exposes you to Cultural History
9. Fosters Self Expression
10. Increases Self Confidence
How to Become The Best Guitar Player You Can Be.
1. FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. Grab a pen and paper and write down what you want to accomplish as a guitar player. ...
2. FIND THE RIGHT GUITAR TEACHER. .
3. SCHEDULE YOUR PRACTICE TIME. ...
4. PRACTICE MORE. ...
5. RECORD-LISTEN-LEARN-IMPROVE. .
6. PLAY ALONG AND JAM. ...
7. PERFORM. ...
8. CHALLENGE YOURSELF.
5 Ways to Diversify Your Musical Experience
1. Hit up an Open Mic
2. Play with Those Whose Level of Experience Differs from your Own.
3.Try a Different Instrument
4. Play Music You Aren't Familiar With.
5. Embrace it All!!
Once your child has had their first lesson, how do you as a parent keep them interested in practicing? Playing guitar needs to be their choice. Here are a few tips to keep your child’s motivation up at home:
1. Don't hide the guitar...........
2. Give music a strong presence in
3. Don't treat it like homework........
4. Let your child explore.......
Being a musician is so much more than just playing the notes.
Incorporate these PRACTICE TIPS into your daily practice routine, and you'll soon see the benefits.
Make Your Practice Area Comfortable.
Aim to Practice Everyday 20 - 30 min
Warm up.. remember Fingers Exercise
Set goals. We all learn at our own pace
Identify and overcome problem areas.
Write on your music. ...
10 Tips to Learn How to Play Guitar with Good Techniques
1. Avoid The Left-Hand Death Grip. ...
2. Rehearse: Standing Up And Sitting
3. No Need For Speed. ...
4. Always Use Correct Fingering. ...
5. Silent Rehearsing. ...
6. Use A Metronome! ...
7. Don't Shy Away From Difficult
8. Be Disciplined With Your Practice
9. Give Yourself a Break and Listen to
10. Don't forget your Right Hand
Practice ... .
11 WAYS TO SKYROCKET YOUR GUITAR PLAYING
1. Get the right tools for the job
2. Build an awesome chord vocabulary
3. Build and improve your repertoire
4. Learn scales and how to use them
5. Learn to play fast and slow
6. Get into music theory
7. Improve your aural skills.
8. Improve your speed and dexterity.
9. Find your motivation.
10. Find the right guitar teacher.
11. Practice daily.